Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Again

I realize I have become one of those one-dimentional individuals that can only talk about one topic on their blog. I take refuge in the fact that I talk about other things on facebook and in actual conversations.

Anyway, I feel like I'm doing better. The moderate to severe pain is only a few times a week. I don't have the tinnitus (sonagram sounding heartbeat in my ears) when I lay down. I used to wake everyday with a headache, now it doesn't start until I've been up for an hour. My head hurts all day, but its now like a "white noise" and I can work through it. Better still, I feel like myself.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a little freaked out. My vision acts a little wierd sometimes. I always feel better weeks 2-5 of new meds before I start feeling bad again. I'm very paranoid when I can't think of a word, or picture an intersection, or spell something, or cuss like a sailor. One of my friends from the support group is about to get a VP shunt, like the one in the video. If I end up needing one, this is what I want... but what a hairy ordeal. Requires at least three incisions: head, neck, and abdomen. Scary. I didn't look for cool animation for the eyeball surgery... DO NOT WANT! But hopefully, I won't need this and avoid a shaved head.

This may be a lifetime ordeal... I am trying to get a handle on quality of life issues. I saw someone who's had it for 28 years. I'm not sure this is how I want to live for the next year, let alone the rest of my life. Hmmm.

No comments: