Monday, March 30, 2009

Ode to a Hair Cut

I have always said, "To change your life, you must first change your hair." I truly believe it. Sometimes it takes a jolt. A complete change in perspective (which is why I move the furniture around so much) in order to re-focus through the clutter. To change your life, it takes a more re-focusing on yourself. I didn't really need to see myself more clearly, I think I have a good handle on that, I needed to see myself differently. New hair is a way to make vast amounts of change in a very short period. I am different now than I was Saturday Morning. Sure, it's only by the legnth of a few hundred hairs around my face, but what it does for perspective! The image in the mirror is so startlingly different, it changes the lens that I look out at the world through. Boy did I need it, too.

Anyway, here's the new me. My new hair will allow me to not do anything with my hair in the morning and not look like a bum. See, before, I loved my hairstyle but it required work on my part. I stopped doing my hair in the morining becasue I'd end up sitting on the toilet to rest in the middle of blow-drying.... forget about make-up. No time, no energy, and that's if there's no pain. Now I comb it and let it air dry!!!!! If I'm feeling frisky, I put a little styling goop on the ends after it dries to make it piece-y.


Now to bestow much love to my Stylist/counselor. I described, in as much detail as someone who can't summon words anymore can, the hair of someone I saw at Coldstone Creamery. I also showed her a picture I found that had the "feeling" of what it was like. Then I told her my morning needs. The wonderful artistry of Akasha is that my haircut doesn't look like the chick from Coldstone, or like the picture, or like what I was almost thinking (although I didn't have a completely formed thought). What Akasha gave me was Me, and I love it. Other hair-cutters would have just cut my hair like the chick in the picture, and it would not look as good on me as the 85 lb blonde sprite who was wearing it originally. Yay Akasha for knowing what I need when I only vaguely know what I want!


No comments: